Day One

March 5, 2006
Day One.
The computer. It is a blessing and a curse. With it I can get a lot done: keep in touch with family and friends, conduct an online Bible study, maintain my blog, get help for our homeschool, etc. But it has also become a huge time waster for me. I can start out with good intentions and before I know it the internet has sucked me into its grip like an octopus. I read blogs, do virtual shopping, lurk and post on various boards, etc., while I could be doing a million other more productive things.
So when this fast was called and we were asked to give up something for the Lord I knew instantly that instead of giving up food I would drastically limit my computer time. So here's the deal: no turning on the computer until after 3:00pm with a max. of 1-1/2 hrs of daily usage. No computer at all on Sundays. My flesh doesn't like this restriction but I know the Lord will bless as a result.
"If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indded. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:31-32


1 Comments:
How true, a great blessing and a great time waster. A tool that needs to be used sparingly.
Post a Comment
<< Home